Behind the scenes: first styled photo shoot
About three weeks ago we finally decided to lock in a date for our first photo shoot. See I, with my limited photographic skills, have been taking all of the shots since the dawn of The Kit Source a year ago. Since then, my skills have definitely improved, but they are nowhere near the standard we could get if we enlisted a professional (or two).
So that's what we did. Two great friends of The Kit Source, Kan (photographer) and Vinh (videographer), helped realise our photographic dreams in one absolutely epic, sugar-powered, people-powered day.
Planning started a mere three weeks prior, deciding on gut instinct which Kits we'd like to shoot. I decided on the Superhero, High Tea, Dinosaur and Candy Kit (a new, improved version of our Spring Summer Kit).
Next we decided we wanted, nay, NEEDED, models. We called on friends and family who certainly delivered on talent.
Then came the styling prep - this was the hard bit - sketching out and mocking up all of the shots, finding contributors to help 'complete' each look and reassessing, over and over, what would look best.
It was an exhausting day, but it was a stack of fun, and most importantly the shots turned out absolutely AMAZING!
A massive thanks to those who helped us bring it all together:
- Frosted by Nicci - the amazing cookies, some of which we turned into show-stopping cake-toppers
- One Bite - candy coloured macaron tower; not only did they look divine, they tasted delicious!
- Bonjour Berry - gorgeous invitations and stationery for the Superhero and Candy Kits
- Kel's Gift Labelling - sophisticated place cards and lolly buffet tags for our High Tea Setup
- Diamond Kids Boutique - stunning designer outfits for the High Tea
- Tiny Tot's Toy Hire - for a range of cake stands, props and kid-friendly tables and chairs
We couldn't be prouder of the end result, but we also couldn't have done it without the HUGE help from Kan, Vinh, Tanya, Benny, all of the awesome parents and their equally photogenic kids. You'll see some of these shots out and about on our Facebook page, Instagram and of course, right here on our website.
Let us know what you think of the photos!